Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grilled Seafood and Vegetable Spaghettini

This is a something that I would prepare whenever I do not make early dinner plans which means I forgot to defrost the meat or fish. If there is seafood in the freezer and some eggplants and bell peppers in the fridge, this would be a quick dinner dish.

Ingredients:

For roasting:
Bell peppers
Eggplants
Garlic
Zucchini (if you plan ahead)
Tomatoes (I used overripe cherry tomatoes that I need to finish off quick)

** so marinate all veges with olive oil, black pepper and salt, set aside for a few minutes.

Seafood : Marinate prawns, cuttlefish, mussels (if planning ahead of course) with all same ingredients of the vege marinade only add some paprika for added flavour set aside too while you turn on the grill in the oven.

Spread all marinated ingredients onto a roasting dish, splash a little more olive oil if necessary.

Prepare the following for sauteing:
Onions
Garlic
Red chillies
3/4 boiled spaghettini

Final step:

Saute all the above apart from the spaghettini. Add the spaghettini. I also save some boiled spaghettini water, so this is added to the fried spaghettini to make it a little moist and tastier (a tip I picked up from watching the cooking shows on tv). Then I throw in all the roasted "goodness". Season to taste and toss to mix. Finally garnish with some roughly chopped parsley and my kids love them served with grated cheese too. That's it really. Have a try and enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails